Monday, November 6, 2017

Infographic--Artifact #1 for EEND 680D

This artifact is an infographic of some of the important things it takes in order to be an influential Educational Technology Leader. I chose this artifact because I was surprised at how easy it was to make, and how useful these could be for my classroom. I used a website called Venngage for this assignment, and was impressed by how many different kinds of templates they had. For the purposes of this assignment, I made an infographic geared towards teachers, but in the future I will use infographics for my students as well.

I am eager to try out infographics with my students, and I will be exploring various websites besides Venngage. For one thing, Venngage doesn't allow you to download the infographics, merely to share the website link. However, the website is simple to use and to teach to students, and the templates are very user-friendly.

As an teacher of English Learners, I know that my students need simple text with lots of graphic support when learning new concepts. Infographics can be a great way to do this, and now that I know how easy they are to make, I will definitely be using them with my students.


No comments: