Friday, August 8, 2008

Anticipation Guide for "The Emperor's Egg"

Here is an anticipation guide that I developed for my technology class. I remember this story as being one of my favorites from the second grade Harcourt Trophies series. I use the powerpoint as a way to introduce students to the vocabulary and background knowledge they will need to understand the story. It is wonderful for ELLs, but any of your students can benefit from the content in this powerpoint video.

This anticipation guide has sound effects, videos, and plenty of visuals. Unfortunately, the videos were downloaded from unitedstreaming, and I cannot get them to upload onto the Internet. For any Cowlishaw teachers, I will put this file onto our Koalas drive in the 2nd grade folder. If you play it from there on your classroom computer, it will play all of the video clips, I promise. Let me know if you have questions, and enjoy!


No comments: